Chocolate Covered Brazil Nuts (Castanhas do Pará com Chocolate)
Brazil nuts, or Castanhas do Pará, are a very popular nut in South America because of their delicious flavor and healthy nutrition. These popular nuts are used to make many different dishes in Brazilian cuisine because of their flavor and taste. This recipe is for delicious chocolate covered Brazil Nuts and are perfect for those with a sweet tooth like myself. They are easy to make without all the fuss. Try it out and tell us what you think.
8 oz. shelled Brazil Nuts
8 oz. semisweet Chocolate of your choice for melting
1 tablespoon coconut, almond, or hazelnut oil
5 tablespoons of shredded coconut
1) Set up a double boiler by heating a pan with some water and placing a bowl on top.
2) Place the chocolate in the bowl and let it begin to melt while occasionally stirring.
3) Add the tablespoon of the oil to the chocolate to add some extra flavor and texture.
4) Prepare a wax paper baking sheet and grease it with some spray and cover with a a tablespoon of coconut shreds.
5) Once melted, begin dipping the Brazil nuts in the chocolate and place them on a wax paper baking sheet.
6) Cover them with the rest of the coconut shreds.
7) Once done, let them cool in a refrigerator for about an hour and serve, enjoy!
*You can buy some Brazil Nuts here on Amazon*