Brazil Nut Cake (Bolo de Castanhas do Pará)
Brazil Nut Cake, or Bolo de Castanhas do Pará, is a wonderful and signature treat in Brazilian dessert making. This is a unique dessert that is rich in sweetness and texture, and combines Brazil nuts, coconut, and cocoa liqueur into a decadent and delightful dessert. Brazil Nut cake is a dessert that is simple but refined in taste. It isn’t very difficult to make and can be made pretty quickly without much fuss.
1 tablespoon cocoa liqueur
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 cans condensed milk
1 pinch of salt
1 cup chopped Brazil nuts
1) Preheat the oven to 355 degrees fahrenheit.
2) In a bowl, add the the grated coconut, eggs, flour and mix it well.
3) Add the condensed milk, salt, liquor and baking powder, stirring with a spoon until it is a dough like consistency consistency.
4) Knead the dough until it is a smooth and even consistency.
5) Place it into a greased baking mold.
6) Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden.
7) Let it cool for about 10 minutes and serve.